Wednesday, October 12, 2011
- Studies show that patients with dementia that are more involved in social media keep their sanity longer.
- Dementia patients that use Facebook or other social networking sites can keep in touch with their families easier.
- Since dementia patients who use social networking sites can keep in touch with their families easier, it decreases the stress that family members have about whether their family member is being treated right.
- Social media keeps dementia patients 'in the loop' with the news, being able to find things out 24/7.
- Dementia Patients can easily find people who are going through the same thing they are to talk to.
- Social Media, especially online is a very fast growing industry that is constantly changing and some might not be able to keep up with
- Some social media is complicated and some older people with dementia might not be able to work it.
- Less need for caregivers might increase unemployment rates.
- Social Media can be a very time-consuming industry and might end up damaging more than helping the patients
- Social Media used in the wrong way could create serious issues to ones mental or physical health.